1 - Rules
- 1.1 - IberCup will be played in accordance with applicable sections of the FIFA rules. In questions of interpretations of FIFA rules, the English text applies.
- 1.2 - The club has to be a member of their FIFA affiliated national association. In countries where football is operated by schools, we also allow teams affiliated by their school football association.
- 1.3 - The teams are divided into groups of four or five where all the teams will meet in a round robin series. Classiﬁcation/standings will be determined according to points. A win is three (3) points; Draw one (1) point; Defeat zero (0) points.
- 1.4 - If two or more teams have the same number of points, the classiﬁcation/standing will be decided as follows:
1. Goal difference.
2. Highest number of goals scored.
3. Results of match(es) between teams with equal points (Head-to-head).
4. Penalty kick contest according to FIFA rules.
- On 11v11 matches only the players that finish the match on the field are authorized to participate in the penalty kicks decision.
- On 7v7 matches all the players are authorized to participate in the penalty kicks decision.
- 1.5 - The participation in the Playoff stage is determined by the following rules (This point may be adapted prior the tournament according to the final number of teams per group and per category):
- 1.5.1 - In category Z and A the teams classified in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place of each group will qualify for Playoff Gold and the remaining teams from each group will qualify for Playoff Silver
- 1.5.2 - In categories B and D, the teams classified 1st and 2nd place of each group qualify for Super Gold Group. The teams who finish in 3rd and 4th place will qualify for Playoff Silver and the remaining teams from each group will qualify for Playoff Bronze.
- 1.5.3 - In the categories Cat C, E, F and G, the team in 1st place in each group will qualify for the Super Gold Group. The teams in 2nd and 3rd will qualify for Playoff Silver and the remaining teams from each group will qualify for Playoff Bronze.
- 1.6 - In category A all the games of the "Playoff" will be decided by Cup system, that is, by direct elimination.
- 1.7 - A tie in the "Playoff" games shall be decided by penalty kicks, in accordance with FIFA rules.
- 1.7.1 -In 11v11 games, only players who finish the match on the field are allowed to participate in the penalty shootout.
- 1.7.2 - In 7v7 games all players are allowed to participate in the penalty shootout.
- 1.8 - In the event of a team being disqualified or giving up during the group stage, all results will be modified to 0-3 in favor of the opponent.
- 1.9 - In the event of a team being disqualified or giving up during the playoff stage, the best qualified team from the same group will take its place (valid for the first Playoff game only).
- 1.10 - In case a Playoff result has to be decided by penalty kicks, teams may have to go to the "penalty box".
- 1.11 - In categories C and G the Super Gold Group phase begins with the participation of the teams divided into groups of three (3) teams, where all the teams play in a championship system with one round. The classification of the teams will be determined according to their points. Three points are awarded for a win, one point for a tie and zero points for a defeat, applying the tie factors mentioned previously in point 1.4.
- 1.12 - In categories B, D, E and F the Super Group Gold phase begins with the participation of the teams divided into groups of four (4) teams, where all teams play in a championship system with one round. The classification of the teams will be determined according to their points. Three points are awarded for a win, one point for a tie and zero points for a defeat, applying the tie factors mentioned previously in point 1.4.
- 1.13 - In the Super Gold Group phase the best team of each Super Gold Group advances to the Gold Playoff Final. The remaining teams are eliminated.
2 - Age Classes
- Cat Z - Boys 2012 - (7v7)
- Cat A - Boys 2011 - (7v7)
- Cat B - Boys 2010 - (7v7)
- Cat C - Boys 2009 - (7v7)
- Cat D - Boys 2008 - (7v7)
- Cat E - Boys 2007 - (7v7)
- Cat F - Boys 2006 - (11v11)
- Cat G - Boys 2005 - (11v11)
- CAT H - Boys 2004 - (11v11)
3 - Players
- 3.1 - Boys Cat E, Cat F and Cat G - The maximum number of players per team is 26 and the minimum is 16 players. Maximum 5 leaders, minimum of 3 leaders per team.
- 3.2 - Boys Cat Z, Cat A, Cat B, Cat C and Cat D - The maximum number of players per team is 14 and a minimum is 10 players. Maximum 5 leaders, minimum of 3 leaders per team.
- 3.3 - All players must be able to show proof of age and identity.
- 3.4 - We recommend that all players use the same shirt number throughout the tournament.
- 3.5 - For 11v11 competitions, no team may use more than 22 players in a match.
- 3.6 - For 7v7 competitions, no team may use more than 14 players in a match.
- 3.7 - For substitutions, players must follow the following rules:
- 3.7.1 - A substituted player may re-enter in the match.
- 3.7.2 - Substitution can be done without stopping the game. The referee may stop the game if he/she understands it may be a numerical superiority situation.
- 3.7.3 - The substitutions must be made within the technical area of the team or, if there is not a defined area, on the center line of the field.
- 3.7.4 - The player can only enter the field when his team-mate is out of the legal playing area and after the referee's permission.
- 3.7.5 - Incorrect substitutions will be punished with a yellow card.
- 3.7.6 - Notice that the game has to be stopped and the referee has to be informed for the substitution of a goalkeeper.
- 3.8 - A player may represent the same club in various age groups, but the player may not represent different teams in the same age group.
- 3.8.1 - If a player represents a club in several age categories, the player must be included on the list of participants for all teams this player will be playing with.
4 - Playing Period
- 4.1 - Boys Cat G
- Qualifying Rounds, Playoff Silver and Bronze - 2 x 25 min
- Super Group Gold and Final Match Gold - 2 x 30 min.
- 4.2 - Boys Cat E and Cat F
- Qualifying Rounds, Super Group Gold, Final Match Gold, Silver and Bronze - 2 x 25 min.
- 4.3 - Boys Cat Z, Cat A, Cat B, Cat C, Cat D
- Qualifying Rounds, Super Group Gold, Final Match Gold, Playoff Silver and Bronze - 2 x 20 min.
- 4.4 - 2 min Half-Time - All the matches in all the age categories.
- 4.5 - In case of a draw in Playoff, the match will be decided by penalties according to FIFA's regulations. Every player on the roster can be selected to kick a penalty.
- 4.5.1 - On 11v11 matches only the players that finish the match on the field are authorized to participate in the penalty kicks decision.
- 4.5.2 - On 7v7 matches all the players are authorized to participate in the penalty kicks decision.
5 - Match Details
- 5.1 - Team list:
- 5.1.1 - It is mandatory for team leaders to have their roosters at every game.
- 5.1.2 - The team rooster must include all the players registered in the tournament.
- 5.1.3 - The team leader must confirm the numbers on the rooster for the game available on the mobile app, which is in the possession of the field official, before the game begins to avoid any error with match incidences.
- 5.1.4 - The number on the players jerseys must be the same as the player number on the rooster on the app.
- 5.1.5 - The number each player has on the team list must be the same as the number on the shirt.
- 188.8.131.52 - If for some reason the players change their jersey numbers between matches, please inform the field marshal before the match starts to avoid mistakes with cards, goals and by consequence the ranking system.
- 5.1.6 - All players that are on the rooster on the app are considered to be participating in the game.
- 5.1.7 - Random controls of team lists and Participants lists will be carried out.
- 5.2 - Players uniforms:
- 5.2.1 - Numbers on jerseys is MANDATORY.
- 5.2.2 - The players numbers on the team list must be the same as the number on the players jersey.
- 5.2.3 - All team jerseys must be numbered and the numbers must correspond to the numbers on the team list.
- 5.2.4 - Numbers must be on the back of the jerseys.
- 5.2.5 - Two players cannot use the same number in any given match.
- 5.2.6 - No player can change his or her number during the game.
- 184.108.40.206 - The fail to comply with this rule will penalize the player with a yellow card and he will have to exit the field to get a proper jersey.
- 220.127.116.11 - The player can only re-enter the match when he or she is properly dressed and with the referee's consent.
- 5.2.7 - If teams have the same jersey colour, the team that appears first in the match program has to change jersey.
- 5.2.8 - The use of shinguard is mandatory in all games.
- 5.2.9 - The use of aluminium studs is only allowed for goalkeepers of 11-a-side categories (11vs11). All other players are forbidden from using this type of football boots.
The use of aluminium studs in artificial turf fields is expressly prohibited.
- 5.3 - Before and after the match:
- 5.3.1 - All teams should be ready at the field no later than 15 minutes before kick-off with valid documents for age control.
- 5.3.2 - The team leader must make sure that his players are adequately insured.
- 5.3.3 - The teams are responsible for their supporters conduct.
- 18.104.22.168 - The teams can lose a match if the referee decides to end the match based on the violent and verbal conduct from their supporters towards the referee.
- 22.214.171.124 - The teams can be expelled from the tournament at the first incident based on the supporters conduct towards the referee or to the other team.
- 5.3.4 - Every responsible team officials (coach) must immediately after the match "sign" the match by using their PIN on the field marshals app control. Failure to sign may result in a notification from the IberCup jury.
- 5.4 - Balls:
- 5.4.1 - All matches are played using balls of size 5, except for classes Boys Cat A, Cat B, Cat C and Cat D who use size 4.
6 - Team Roster - Age Control
- 6.1 - Each team must submit a list of players to the IberCup administration 30 days before the tournament starts. After this date, IberCup will charge an extra 5€ per player.
- 6.1.1 - If a team has a rooming list to send, IberCup administration has to receive it 30 days before the tournament starts. After this date, IberCup will charge extra 10€ per person.
- 6.2 - The player's control will be made through the player's roster sent previously to our organization, by using the following procedure:
- 6.3 -The team leader must bring all the documents for the accreditation (Valid passport or ID document from the players).
- 6.3.1 - For teams travelling by plane, bus or car at the IberCup tournament office on the arrival before they check-in at the accommodation option.
- 6.3.2 - For teams traveling by bus or car at the IberCup tournament office on the arrival, after they check-in at the accommodation option.
- 6.3.3 - For local teams without accommodation through the IberCup Organisation, the team leader MUST go to the tournament office 2 days before the tournament starts. We highly recommend coming 2 days before, as on the day before the tournament there are usually very long queues.
- 6.3.4 - Only the team leader needs to be present on the accreditation to collect all the participant cards, bracelets, and important information.
- 6.3.5 - Players do not need to be present for age control on this day.
- 6.3.6 - Team leaders must present themselves at the tournament office and show proof of identity from the players registered on the team list on the day of accreditation.
- 6.3.7 - If the team leaders do not go to this first accreditation at the tournament office, their teams cannot participate in the first match and will lose 0-3 in favour of the opponent.
- 6.4 - All the teams must bring the valid documents for the players for the matches.
- 6.4.1 - A random check for age control can be done at any time.
- 6.4.2 - Each player must use the wristband around their wrist for the age control at the field.
- 6.4.3 - The age control will be through the player's roster sent previously to our organization together with a valid ID document.
- 6.4.4 - The team leaders MUST confirm the player list numbers for the match on the mobile app, in possession of the Field Marshall, before the match starts to avoid any mistakes during the match incidences.
- 6.5 - Valid documents are:
- 6.5.1 - For Portuguese teams, we accept the player's team card from their local football association or their CC card.
- 6.5.2 - For foreign teams, the organization only accepts a player's valid identification card (legal card by a government institution and plastic-coated). This card must have the full name, photo, identification number and birthday. This document must always be used with the player´s passport. Players that come from countries that don’t require a passport to enter into Portugal, will only need the identification card (legal card by a government institution and plastic-coated, with full name, photo, identification number, birthday).
- 6.6 - All teams must be ready to play at least 30 minutes before the match. That period will be used to confirm the player's roster with the IberCup officials.
- 6.7 - Teams that do not show the players list 15 minutes before the match can be ruled out as a no-show and will lose 0-3 in favour of the opponent.
- 6.8 - Teams using non-eligible players can be excluded from the tournament.
- 6.9 - If the same club competes with two teams in the same age category, players from those teams CAN NOT switch teams.
- 6.10 - If any player plays for another team in another age group, from the same club in the tournament, this player must be registered in all teams in which he/she is playing. Otherwise, the team where the player is not registered will be penalized with a no-show and a defeat of 0-3.
- 6.11 - Wristbands:
- 6.11.1 - After the accreditation, all players must use the identification wristband around his/her wrist with the QR code.
- 6.11.2 - The QR code gives access to the profile of each participant through a mobile application, which was designed for:
- Random age control during the matches.
- Meal Control.
- Social Media Relation
- IberCup Social Network
- 6.11.3- ID wristbands MUST be worn on the wrist during the entire tournament.
- 6.11.4 - If a player in one way or another loses his/her bracelet, the player MUST come to the tournament office to make a new age verification, before the next game is played.
- 6.11.5 - The player will NOT be allowed to play the next match without the ID/Age wristband.
- 6.11.6 - The player will NOT be allowed to access to the meal centre without the ID/Age wristband.
- 6.11.7 - The bracelet is personal and not transferable.
7 - Dispensations
- 7.1 - Dispensations will automatically be given to two (2) players per squad who are maximum one (1) year over aged.
- 7.2 - Note that you cannot use more over aged players by switching them between matches.
- 7.3 - This dispensation only applies to 11v11 categories.
- 7.4 - For 7v7, no dispensation will automatically be accepted.
- 7.5 - Dispensations for 7v7 teams may be applied for by contacting the IberCup office.
- 7.6 - For 7v7, two (2) female players are accepted one (1) year overaged, automatically.
8 - 7v7 Rules
- 8.1 - Categories Boys Cat A, Cat B, Cat C and Cat D play 7v7 (one goalkeeper and 6 players).
- 8.2 - The offside rule does not apply for Cat A, Cat B and Cat C categories.
- 8.2.1 - The offside rule applies on the Cat D category but only between the goal line and the edge of the penalty box.
- 8.3 - It is not permited to pass the ball to the goalkeeper and he or she pick up the ball with their hands.
- 8.4 - The goal kick will be taken from the ground, the ball will be placed on any point of the line that delimits the goal area.
- 8.4.1 - The ball is in play once the kick is taken; it can be played before leaving the penalty area.
- 8.4.2 - the ball can be passed to a teammate inside the goal area.
- 8.4.3 - Opponents must remain outside the penalty area until the ball is in play.
- 8.5 - If a player gets a red card the team can replace this player for another.
- 8.5.1 - The player that gets the red card may be penalized with a suspension of 1 match depending on the referee's interpretation.
- 8.6 - On 7v7 matches all the players are authorized to participate in the penalty kicks decision.
9 - Match Fields
- 9.1 - All the playing fields are grass or artificial turf.
- 9.2 - The fields have been divided into the following areas:
- 9.2.1 - Jamor - Carcavelos - Salesianos do Estoril - Estoril-Praia Complex - Fontainhas Cascais - Dramático
- 9.3 - The fields have been divided into the following types:
- 9.3.1 - Natural turf - Jamor (5 fields) - Estoril-Praia Complex - (1 field)
- 9.3.2 - Artificial turf - Jamor (2 fields) - Carcavelos (1 field) - Estoril-PraiaComplex (2 fields) - Salesianos do Estoril (1 field) - Fontainhas Cascais (1 field) - Dramático (1 field).
- 9.4 - In case of bad weather conditions matches may be decided by penalty kicks or drawing of lots.
10 - Match Program
- 10.1 - The organization committee has the right to change the groups, times and fields, until the 1st day of the competition.
- 10.2 - The organization committee also has the right to change matches, times and fields, during the competition.
- 10.3 - In case of any changes team leaders will be promptly informed.
- 11.1 - All referees are members of the Football Association in their countries.
- 11.2 - All matches in the 11v11 competitions have assistant referees.
- 11.3 - All matches in the 7v7 competitions have 1 referee.
- 11.3.1 - For the 1/2 finals and finals of Playoff Gold, the matches will have 1 referee and 2 assistant referees.
- 11.4 - The coordinator for the referees during the tournament will be available at the IberCup office.
12 - Tournament Jury
- 12.1 - The jury of the tournament consists of representatives from Tournaments Abroad.
- 12.2 - The jury handles protests, sanction matters, and unpredictable situations.
- 12.2.1 - All situations that occur will be analyzed always with “Fair-Play”.
- 12.3 - Tournament Jury decisions cannot be appealed. Notice that the final decision may not correspond to a FIFA rule based in Fair-Play.
- 12.4 - In the case of any claim, a deposit of 100€ must be done in the tournament office (it may be an extra tournament office in the venues).
13 - Protest and Sanctions
- 13.1 - All protests must be made in writing by the team manager and delivered to the Tournament Jury no later than 90 minutes after the match is finished.
- 13.2 - Protests must be delivered to the Tournament Office.
- 13.3 - A protest fee of 100€ will be paid at that time. This fee will be returned if the protest is approved.
- 13.4 - Protests that concern referees decisions will not be accepted.
- 13.5 - Cautions and Sending-Off Offences:
- 13.5.1 - Any player given a red card is automatically suspended from participation in the following match.
- 13.5.2 - The tournament jury can decide about suspension for further game(s) in case of a direct red card.
- 13.5.3 - Only if a player is suspended for more than one match, will the information be given in writing form.
- 13.5.4 - Yellow cards are not accumulated.
- 13.5.5 - If a player that is suspended plays in a match, the team with the suspended player loses automatically the match with 0-3.
- 13.5.6 - Severe offences will be reported to the FA of the nation concerned.
14 - Failure to Show
- 14.1 - If a team fails to appear for a match, without a valid reason, they can be declared loser by 0-3, after a decision by the jury.
- 14.2 - If a team fails to appear on time due to transport reasons caused by traffic or other, the jury can decide to delay the match (maximum 10 minutes) in case there are other venues available until the teams arrive or reschedule the match for another time in the same day.
- 14.3 - If a team repeatedly fails to appear at the games, the team may be excluded from the tournament.
- 14.3.1 - In special cases, the tournament jury may decide to exclude a team at the first offense, if they find it to be a deliberate offence to self-benefit or if unfair to another team in the group.
- 14.4 - If a match is interrupted for some reason and can’t be played to the end, the jury will decide over these 5 alternatives:
- 14.4.1 - If the match will be replayed from the beginning.
- 14.4.2 - If the match restarts from the minute when it was interrupted.
- 14.4.3 - If the result will be fixed as the final result.
- 14.4.4 - If one of the teams won 3-0.
- 14.4.5 - If both teams lose 0-3.
- 14.5 - If a team fails to appear for the last group match, without a valid reason, they can be excluded or relegated to Playoff Silver or Bronze, after a decision by the jury.
15 - Standards of Conduct
- 15.1 - Team leaders, as indicated on the team's roster, are responsible for the conduct of their players in case of damage caused in sport facilities, dressing rooms, hotels, transportation or any other facilities.
- 15.2 - In case of damage the team leader should immediately contact the organization staff .
- 15.3 - In case of doubt in the interpretation of the regulations of the tournament, the team leader should contact the organization staff, directly.
- 15.4 - Quiet time must be respected in the accommodations between 11:00pm and 8:00am.
- 15.5 - The meal timetables must be respected. Teams can miss a meal if they do not adhere to the meal timetables. In case of match delay or some transport delay, the team leader should inform the organization or the accommodation directly of this situation.
- 15.6 - It is prohibited to travel on transportation without a T-shirt.
- 15.7 - Failure to comply with these rules will be dealt with by the tournament organization and may result in exclusion from the tournament and accommodations.
16 - Insurance and Responsability
- 16.1 - Each player must have a medical insurance (related to his Federation, in case the tournament is the season, or a private one).
- 16.2 - Make sure that all your players are insured both on and off the playing field.
- 16.3 - IberCup does not carry any group insurance protecting participants in case of injury, illness, theft or damage to property and does not accept responsibility in any way for accidents, injuries, or economic loss which may arise in the case of war, warlike events, civil war, revolution or civil disturbances or because of the actions of the authorities, strikes, lockouts, blockades or similar events.
- 16.4 - Participants from countries that have no medical insurance agreement with Portugal must have personal medical insurance.
17 - Permissions to Participate in IberCup
- 17.1 - All foreign teams should make a request to their football federations to send an authorization letter to IberCup (email@example.com) so they can take part in the tournament. In countries where football is operated by the schools we also allow teams affiliated by their school football association to take part in our tournament but they need to send to us an authorization letter from the club.
18 - Water for the matches
- 18.1 - The IberCup staff, at the fields, may have some bottled waters for the teams but its very important that the teams bring their own water for the matches.
- 18.2 - Tap water in Portugal fill the minimum legal standards and is drinkable.
- 18.3 - The organization recommends to buy the bottled water, especially for babies.
- 18.4 - You can always buy some bottled water on site.
19 - Changing rooms
- 19.1 - Teams must leave the accommodation already equipped for the match.
- 19.2 - Some football facilities may have changing rooms but some are to small and due to the number of teams, your team may not get a place to change.
- 19.3 - This rule also applies to the local teams.
20 - Bath and Showers After the Matches
- 20.1 - Teams must take their shower in their own accommodation after they return from the match.
- 20.2 - You may use the changing rooms to take shower only in the following venues: Dramático - Jamor Complex - Estoril Complex.
21 - Parents and Supporters Conduct
- 21.1 - The teams are responsible for their supporters conduct.
- 21.2 - The teams can lose a match if the referee decides to end the match based on the violent and verbal conduct from their supporters towards the referee.
- 21.3 - The teams can be expelled from the tournament at the first incident based on the supporters conduct towards the referee or to the other team.
22 - Match Balls
- 22.1 - All matches of 11v11 are played using size 5.
- 22.2 - All matches of 7v7 are played using size 4.
- 22.3 - The organization will provide official match balls for the matches but the teams must also bring their own match balls.
- 22.4 - IberCup do not provide match balls for warming up before the matches.
23 - Loss or theft
- 23.1 - The organization does not assume any responsibility in case of sport equipment theft or personal belongings of participants in the accommodation, transportation or in the sporting venues.
24 - Guest Players
- 24.1 - Each team will be allowed to have guest players, who are properly registered through their National and State Association, Federation or any other affiliated organization.
- 24.2 - Players may NOT play for more than one team in the tournament.
- 24.3 - It is the responsibility of the individual athlete to join a club as a Guest Player.
- 24.4 - The tournament does not have a system to manage that for each individual.
25 - Organisation
- 25.1 – Sports Travel Agency – Easy Choice Lda organises The IberCup.